Affordable Wildlife Control Pickering: Raccoon & Squirrel Removal in Pickering
Pickering is a beautiful city that is steadily growing. It’s a great place to live but like so many other cities in Canada, the wildlife can become a major problem for some residents. As the city grows, it can be difficult for wild animals such as raccoons and squirrels to find homes, so many of them move into your backyard. It can be quite entertaining watching these animals climb trees and run around the yard as long as it’s only a few of them. However, when these creatures overpopulate your backyard or when they move into parts of your home, it can become a big problem.
Raccoons and squirrels often make homes in your garage or shed or they’ll live under your deck, porch or home where they can become a nuisance very quickly. They can also be very destructive and chew holes in your roof and different parts of your house to gain access to your attic space where they build their nest and have babies. The next thing you know, you have a family of wild animals living right above you.
This makes the wildlife in Pickering a growing concern for many residents. If you’re having problems with raccoons or squirrels destroying your property, don’t try to remove them yourself. You do not want to mess with these animals. Instead, to maintain wildlife control, you need a raccoon and squirrel removal service in Pickering to help with the problem.
When You Need Wildlife Control Services
- If you only have a few raccoons or squirrels in the yard and they’re not causing any damage to your property, then you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. You can co-exist with these animals without much difficulty. They will run wild in your yard and as long as you don’t try to handle, feed or play with them, everything should be fine. However, if they move into your living space, then it’s time to call wildlife control services for help.
Signs You Have a Wildlife Problem
- Do you hear weird sounds late at night or early in the morning when the house is quiet? Do you hear a scratching or gnawing sound or does it sometimes sound like something is moving around in your ceiling or walls? These are signs that you have a family of raccoons, squirrels or some other type of wildlife living and eating in your attic. These animals will also build nests in chimneys and any other open space they can find.
- If you think one of these creatures have moved into your home, you can inspect the roof and vents leading into the attic for damage. They will chew and tear holes in your air vents, rip holes along the overhang and roof if the shingles are old to find shelter where they can make their new home.
- Sometimes, you can even see them going in and out of these holes and you can see them or their nest by shining a light into any dark area where they may have gained access. If you hear any of these weird noises or find holes, damaged vents or any other signs indicating something has moved in, then it’s time to call in a wildlife control professional.
Why You Need a Pickering Wildlife Removal Service
- Raccoon and squirrel removal in Pickering is not an easy task. Once either one of these animals move into your home, they won’t give it up easily. You can’t just run them off because they will continue to come back and they’ll defend their homes anyway they can. To them, you are the invader.
- If you try to remove them physically, they will protect themselves by biting and scratching you. They cause serious injuries if you’re not careful and know how to handle them properly. Professionals have undergone training to learn how to remove wildlife from homes without harming the animals or getting hurt.
How Raccoon & Squirrel Removal in Pickering Works
- When you call a wildlife control service to remove raccoons and squirrels from your property, these professionals will evaluate your particular situation to determine which method of removal to use. In some cases, removing the animal from your property is an easy task that won’t take very long but it can also be a complicated process. It all depends on where the animals decide to make their home.
- Regardless of your situation, only non-lethal wildlife control methods are used in Pickering, Canada so the animals will not be harmed when being removed from your property. For example, one-way doors are an excellent way to remove both raccoons and squirrels from attics and under houses. Once they go out of the area, they cannot get back inside so they’re forced to move on.
- If you have a major problem with raccoons, seasonal trapping is an option that can catch and remove the animals before they invade your home. All traps used to maintain wildlife control are safe for the animals and will not cause them any harm. Once trapped, they are promptly removed and relocated to an area where they won’t be a problem for homeowners.
How to Prevent Raccoons and Squirrels from Moving In
- A big part of wildlife control is preventing animals from moving into your home. If they can’t find shelter, they will look for somewhere else to live so you can take steps to discourage them from making a home in yours. For example, install screens over air vents, use chimney caps, patch holes and replace old shingles or rotting wood to make it more difficult for wild animals to find an entry point into your home. Before covering vents or repairing holes, make sure that there is not any raccoons or squirrels already living there. It would be inhuman to trap them inside where they would starve.
- Another way to discourage these animals from moving in is to eliminate their food source. They will stay and build homes where there is an ample food supply. If you limit your waste and keep your garbage in a covered container where they cannot get to it, they will look for somewhere else to live. However, if you do discover that you have a wildlife problem, raccoon and squirrel removal services in Pickering is available.